Basically, sessions at the Academic Writing Center are to be reserved in advance.
There are two ways to make an appointment for a session at the writing center, as explained below.
- Make online reservations through the AWC website.
- Walk into the office（Office hours 11:00 to 18:00）
（Aoyama AWC Map, Sagamihara AWC Map）
Students can make appointments for up to two sessions per each online booking.
We accept reservations and cancellations just before sessions. If the individual booking a session does not arrive at the beginning of that session, it may be canceled.
Before the due dates of reports to be submitted, sessions may be fully booked. We recommend making reservations early.
You are recommended to bring your paper as a printed copy for each session at the AWC.
- The Academic Writing Center supports students’ writing processes. However, if you have questions regarding the academic content of papers, please address these questions to your professors or instructors.
- If you would like to consult regarding documents related to job-seeking (ex. entry sheets) in Japanese, please contact the university’s Career Planning & Placement Department.
- Although the Center is careful to maintain the quality of tutoring sessions, final decisions on revisions are in the students’ hands. Therefore, please note that the Center will not be held responsible for related outcomes such as final grades received on writing assignments brought in for consultations.