Citation management tools aid you sourcing other’s material with citing accurately and efficiently. These tools also help you to create and manage your lists of references for research papers.
Aoyama Gakuin University and Women’s Junior College offer several citation management tools free of charge to their staff and students. Select your best management tool to utilize effectively for your reports or papers.
Citation management tools can help you to*:
– import references from web search tools or databases.
– store, organize and generate references for your assignments and papers.
– create a bibliography automatically.
– share your folders or documents with your group members on the Web.
*Available services depends on the tools.
Members of Aoyama Gakuin University and Women’s Junior College can use RefWorks free of charge.
As of July 2019, new RefWorks is available.
First time users should login via the computers connected from AGU campus network then follow the link on the RefWorks home page to “Sign Up for a New Account”.
Or you can access RefWorks via the Library web page.
– Go to the Database page.
– Enter RefWorks in the databases search box and click the submit search button.
– Open the RefWorks link.
– Login using your AGU username and password if prompted.
After creating your account, you can use RefWorks at any time from any computer with Internet access.
※Aoyama Gakuin University/Women’s Junior College e-mail address should be registered as RefWorks e-mail account.
The RefWorks accounts not used for last one year will be deleted.
Legacy RefWorks Users：
You can migrate your references from Legacy to New RefWorks account. Here is how to migrate your references.
Instructions: Use “SOFT MIGRATION” Tool in Legacy RefWorks
- Login to Legacy RefWorks.
- Click “Move to the newest version of RefWorks from ProQuest” at the upper left side of the screen.
- Enter your Legacy RefWorks username and password and click “Sign up”.
- Fill out the form and click “Next”. Your references will be transferred into your new RefWorks account.
Please note the following：
■Legacy RefWorks users may continue to use Legacy RefWorks for the time being. However, we recommend that you upgrade to the new RefWorks at your earliest convenience.
■Once you have move to new RefWorks, you should use the new one though you can access the Legacy version throughout the migration period (any references added to New RefWorks will not appear in the Legacy version).
As long as Aoyama Gakuin University and Women’s Junior College have licensed access to RefWorks, you can continue to use RefWorks even after you graduate.
After you have graduated the university/college, you will need to update the following account information via the RefWorks website.
– ser Type: change to “Alumni”
– E-mail Address: change to the new e-mail address
EndNote basic (formerly known as EndNote Web) is a cloud-based version of the EndNote citation manager, provided through the Web of Science platform. Aoyama Gakuin University and Women’s Junior College make EndNote basic available without charge to their students and staff.
Creating an EndNote basic account is required to use unless you have Web of Science account.
First time users need to login via the computers connected from Aoyama Gakuin campus network then follow the link on the Web of Science home page to “EndNote”.
– Go to the Database page of Library web page.
– Enter Web of Science in the databases search box and click the submit search button.
– Open the Web of Science Core Collection link.
– Click on “EndNote” and then “Register” to create an account if you do not have one.
After creating your account, you can use EndNote basic at any time from any computer with Internet access.
NOTE: If you have not created EndNote basic account through Aoyama Gakuin campus network, you will have limited access. This access allows you to use all of EndNote’s functionality with a smaller set of bibliographic styles, import filters, and connection files for Online Search. Please make sure to log into EndNote online through Aoyama Gakuin campus network when you create the account.
As long as Aoyama Gakuin University and Women’s Junior College have licensed access to Web of Science Core Collection, you can continue to use EndNote basic for one year from you graduate. Furthermore, you can continue to use it for one year from you login via the computers connected from AGU campus network.
Free, web-based citation management tool offered by Elsevier, one of the world’s major academic publishing company.
Creating a Mendeley account is required to use.